Monday, October 19, 2009

Great article by Chris Martenson
http://www.chrismartenson.com


Exponential Money in a Finite World

Subscribe to this feed
Bookmark and Share

I recently attended and presented at the Association for the Study of Peak Oil (ASPO) conference in Denver.

The entire summary of everything I heard boils down to this: We are already past peak oil.

I'll wait for a minute while that sinks in.

(…)

While the implications are enormous, seemingly incalculable and therefore ungraspable, I truly believe that understanding the impact this will have on our economy will illuminate the future for those who take the time to internalize the details.

One of my central contributions centers on the idea that it is our monetary system itself that is out of step with reality. Everything else we see around us economically is merely a symptom, while the cause of our current and future ills is the dependence of our monetary system on perpetual exponential growth. A profound and important set of conclusions immediately result from the acceptance of this argument.

While I spend a lot of time sifting through current data and trying to explain it, this is the primary scaffolding upon which I hang everything else and which drives my long-term views.

(see CM website for rest of article)

No comments:

Post a Comment